Help Is On The Way!
The wiring experts at American Autowire have just come to the rescue with a factory-style wiring harness for '67-68 Ford Mustangs. The American Autowire's Classic Update line of wiring kits is designed specifically to keep your classic muscle car looking stock, thus keeping it compatible with all the original switches and connectors while wowing car show judges and critics alike. Nevertheless, American Autowire makes a point of incorporating important features and materials found in modern electrical systems without compromising the classic look. Classic Update Kits are known to be very complete, leaving nothing to guesswork (the '67-68 Mustang kit is PN 510055, retail price: $699).
19 Reasons To Buy A Classic Update Kit
* Correct replacement headlight switch with internal circuit breaker
* OEM-style headlight switch connector
* Enhanced headlight relays for high-powered halogen headlights
* Separate relay-controlled circuit for fog, or driving lamps
* Correct replacement ignition switch for use with your original bezel and tumbler
* OEM-style ignition switch connector
* Standard turn signal flasher and hazard flasher mounted on fuse panel; horn relay mounted on harness
* ATO fuse box fits in center of the firewall for easy access
* Harness allows for most aftermarket accessories like gauges, heat and air conditioning systems, power windows, etc.
* All required hardware supplied
* OEM-style switch connector bodies
* Steering column connectors fit most aftermarket steering columns
* Adapter with terminals included for running stock Mustang steering column
* Optional underdash light sockets with original dome/interior light wiring
* Instrument cluster wiring designed with a cluster harness disconnect for easy service and assembly
* Rear body harness assembly plugs into the main harness behind the lefthand kick panel for easy access
* New floor dimmer switch
* Engine wiring includes feed for coil, tach, water temperature, oil pressure, brake warning, and electronic speedometer
* Front lighting includes extra long leads for special routing
New Lokar Stompers
Lokar has been in the biz making and marketing billet pieces for street rods for years, so a lot of folks don't know that they've come over to the muscle car side with some very cool stuff. We laid eyes on these new billet aluminum pedal assemblies for Chevys while at the PRI show, and we were impressed. The show display we saw listed availability for '55-57 Chevys, '67-69 Camaros, '62-67 Chevy IIs, and '64-67 Chevelles. Lokar claims direct replacement for the stock assemblies in these models, the ability to change from a rod to a cable-type linkage, curved brake and clutch pedals, and a choice of automatic or manual trans. You can even get 'em in anodized black.
Quick Time Performance:
CutOuts For Corvette
In our February issue, we introduced readers to the wonderful world of exhaust cutouts with a short story on Race Ready Performance and their universal electronic cutout kits. What we learned is that electronic exhaust cut-outs are a lot of fun. What's not to love about extra power and a balls-out race car soundtrack? It turns out that another company, Quick Time Performance (QTP), is also in the electronic cutout biz, and they've got their own take on things, namely, they specialize in kits for late-model performers like the new C6 Corvette.
What's cool is that QTP takes things a step further, with model-specific kits, like this one for 2005-2008 Corvettes with the LS2/LS3 powerplant (PN 400305; $1,180 racer net). It's called the Screamer Twintronic Exhaust system, and it features an electronically controlled dual-mode muffler. One outlet is a straight pipe with a valve at the end. When the valve is open, you get a loud, free-flowing exhaust system. Close the valve and the gases are diverted through the muffled section to get a quiet, mild-mannered sound. With all the noise restrictions coming out, the Screamer is a great way to give you the power and sound you desire at the flip of a switch! QTP says all systems are TIG welded and made from polished stainless steel for a clean look and durability.
Quick Time Performance