For ease and efficiency during the 2011 AMSOIL Engine Masters Challenge competition, ELECTRICAL CONNECTION STANDARDIZATION has been instituted in the dyno cells. All competitors must adhere to these required procedures for their electrical components to the dyno.
All connections to the dyno will have .250 inch spade Terminal connectors for the competitor's connect ions. A picture of the spade connector (Photo is FEMALE) that will be required and in use is below:
ALL Positive connections will be made with MALE Spade Terminals on Participant's engine entry. These will connect/match to the Dyno supply that will have Female spade terminal connections.
* There will be three terminals that can be used for power.
* The dyno's battery terminals are located on the front of the dyno brake assembly approximately 24 inches from the engines flywheel.
* An additional power wire, called the "switched" or "ignition" power will also be available. It is terminated with a male version of a .250" spade terminal. This will be used to send power to any device that requires a switched 12 volt source
ALL Ground wire from the Participant's engine will use FEMALE Spade Terminal Connectors and attach it to the Male connector on the Dyno.
* Three (3) Terminal Connections can be used for GROUND.
* A standard race car kill switch will be used to break the connection between the dyno's negative battery terminal and the actual battery ground.
Please Be Prepared. This Will Be Checked During Visual Inspection process and will be required before entering the dyno room. The purpose of this ELECTRICAL CONNECTION STANDARDIZATION on the participants end and the dyno end is to use our time wisely and have the same power connections available to everyone.